The Last Phoenix is a beautiful aerial combat adventure game where you control the last remaining Fire-bird who awakens to find the world rotting away. With the once vibrant world covered in ash and frost, you must master your abilities and fight against the decay, restoring the balance between life and death.
Exploring the world of The Last Phoenix is a joy, it really is a ridiculously beautiful place, a wonderfully crafted, vast decaying cityscape full of mystery. As the phoenix flies through the environment, frost and ash are cleared away and vegetation regrows in real time, purifying the land permanently. It features a Metroidvania style of exploration and discovery, and aerial combat against carrion and crows, with a variety of fire and light based attacks at your disposal.
Due for release on Steam this Fall, The Last Phoenix is well worth keeping an eye on (or both of them even). It’s a visually stunning experience that will make your eyes extremely happy.
Some hand references.
Redid a post by fucktonofanatomyreferencesreborn with sources because they never source anything and I don’t want to reblog that post because I don’t want to support blogs who don’t give credit to people
(No, stating that the art is ~not yours~ and ~came from elsewhere~ IS NOT PROPER CREDIT. Many of these have usernames and such on them but not every single one and you still ought to link back to the specific piece)
I couldn’t source the last one so I didn’t include it.
Great for the sci-fi writer or artist who wants to get into the mood, or just to be inspired.
Also great for just being a big dork and pretend you’re on a spaceship.
- SCI-FI Laboratory Sound
- Star Trek TNG - USS Enterprise Sleeping Quarters Background Ambience
- Timeship “Relativity” Bridge Background Ambience (Star Trek: Voyager)
- Star Trek: Voyager Astrometrics Lab Background Ambience
- Star Wars: ECHO BASE Background Ambience
- Star Trek TNG: “Warp Core” Background Ambience - USS Enterprise D
- Star Trek: TNG USS Enterprise D Engineering Warp Core Background Ambience
- Star Trek: The Next Generation USS Enterprise D “Ten Forward” Background Ambience
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Infirmary Background Ambience
- Star Trek: Voyager Engineering Warp Core Background Ambience
- Star Trek: TNG USS-Enterprise D Bridge Background Ambience (LONG)
- Star Trek: TNG “Cargo Bay” Background Ambience
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine “Quark’s Bar” Ambient Background (w/ Dabo Table, crew banter, etc)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine “Quark’s Bar” Ambient Background
- Star Trek: Voyager Bridge Background Ambience
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 “OPS” Background Ambience
- Star Trek: TOS USS-Enterprise Bridge Background Ambience
- Star Trek: TNG USS-Enterprise D Bridge Background Ambience
- Exoplanet - Forest Ambience Sounds, Sci Fi Insect and Fantasy Creatures
- Sci-Fi Ambient (1956-1969)
- Spaceship Sound Effects, Battlecruiser and Spacecraft Passbys
- Unknown Surface - Alien Soundscapes and Sound Effects - Sci Fi
- NASA Space Sounds
- Dark Ambient Space Music: Through The Ergosphere
- Mass Effect 2 HQ Extra - Normandy Ambience
- Mass Effect 2 - Omega Clinic / Tuchanka
- Death Star - Star Wars Environmental Background Ambience
- Star Wars SWTOR - Jedi/Sith Starship Bridge Background Ambience
- 1 HOUR | Mass Effect 2 Spaceship Background Ambience
- Star Wars - Coruscant Traffic Background Ambience
- Star Wars Ambient - Dromund Kaas / Thunderstorms
- Star Wars - Voss Environmental Ambience / Nature Sounds
- Star Wars SWTOR - Sith Sanctum Background Ambience
- Star Wars - Imperial Intelligence Headquarters Ambience
- Star Wars - Nar Shaddaa Casino Background Ambience
- Star Wars - Fleet Environmental Ambience / Bustling Chatter
- Star Wars - Nar Shaddaa Cityscape Background Ambience
This is great :D
Some of these would make wonderful soothing background noise loops. Who needs a burbling brook or gentle rain now?
I opened Enterprise-D’s bridge, cargo bay, and quarters all at once on different tabs simultaneously. Mmmm
Moo was livestreaming last night and was drawing this deer cutie, Dover. I just had to take a crack at drawing her ^^
About a year ago I got some sketches from Eike, and I told him I wanted to line and colour it and such sometime. And so, I took forever to get around to it, but I did! Tried shading and such a bit here too. I think it looks nice.
So yeah, original sketch belongs to Eike-butt, wasn’t mine! I did everything else.
OH MY GOSH YOU FINISHED IT XD This takes me back ^^ I’m really glad to see the finished piece and its cool seeing all the shading and stuff done to it ^^
Okay a window has been opnened for me here.
These brushes are super nice, first off, but I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD WORK TOOL PRESETS THIS WAY.
I thought the presets ended at the brush settings but it turns out you can control every aspect of the tool, such as opacity, flow, etc.
Oh my god how did I not realize this earlier. This is going to speed up my workflow so much when shifting between shading, lineart, coloring, etc.
Plus these brushes man. Holy shit. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.
I know this is an OOC post, but this is important enough to make here. And no, the blog is not ending.
Over two years ago, May 2nd, 2012, was one of the worst days of my life. I was fired from my radio news reporter job. I made an OOC post about it, and it exploded across…
Dan Fessler’s HD Index Painting Technique let’s you paint pixel art in Photoshop in a non-destructive manner, and lets you use pretty much every tool in a perfectly pixel-gradient fashion!
The article gives you everything you need to try it out for yourself.It’s easy to set up and use, and the results are so fucking cool.